Monday 8 April 2013

Losing my Soap & Glory virginity!



So this week I made my usual "Post-Pay-Day" trip to Meadowhall, and as ever I paid Boots a little visit! Although being a little visit, it ended up with me having one very unhappy bank card after having only bought a few small items! As well as getting my Clinique skin care essentials, I also picked up a few new products that I thought were worth a try, and finally lost my Soap & Glory virginity!!!


Soap & Glory, one of the most popular products I'd say is available right now. I myself however, have never purchased any of the S&G range before to try them, other than as gifts for friends and family, and so now I felt it was a good time to start! I've read many good reviews on their range, and how delicious their products smell, but personally I've never found them appealing. 

Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It (125ml) - RRP £7.50
"Scrub your nose in it", my first ever S&G purchase! Claiming to "help refine large pores and prevent blemishes", this seemed like the perfect product for me, considering the breakout I was having that week! So, when I got home, the first thing I did was take off my make up and slap this on...


Following the directions given on the back of the packaging, I put a pea-sized blob on my finger, ready to apply to a damp t-zone and extend out to the less clogged areas of my skin. This resulted in being the largest pea I had ever seen! Whether this is due to me having the worlds largest head or not is beyond me, but a pea-sized dollop was not big enough! After leaving the scrub on my skin for around 3-4 minutes, I washed it off and applied my normal Clinique moisturiser. After using this facial scrub twice a day for a week, I have noticed a slight improvement with my skin. The scrub leaves my skin tingling, feeling buffed and matte, great for when I'm applying my make up! 

Overall, I would give this a 4 out of 5. The packaging is adorable, the matte finish it leaves with me is what I look for in a skincare product, but the only thing letting this mask down is the time it takes for me to notice an improvement in my complexion.

Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Body Cream (300ml) - RRP £10.50
When I'd gone to Boots, they had a promotion on the Soap & Glory range, where when you spend over £10 on the S&G range, you get a free "Butter Yourself" body cream (300ml), which alone was worth £10.50! Being a super savvy shopper when it comes to cosmetics, I boosted my £7.50 spend up to £10 with a S&G hand sanitizer, and then this yummy body cream was all mine! 

Usually I would never buy a body cream, I hate the stickiness they leave behind after application, how they put a halt to your morning routine when getting ready and the conflict you get between the scent of your body cream and perfume. Because of this I haven't gotten much use out of this product, thanks to me being stubborn... But I do enjoy using this at night, overnight the cream soaks into my skin so that I wake up with super smooth, delicious smelling skin, with the sticky stage, that gets in the way of everything, avoided!

3 out of 5 in my eyes! Adore the packaging, how can you not? But despite smelling delicious, I find the scent just slightly too strong and sticky, but this is due to my very biased opinion of body creams and butters!


2 comments:

  1. I love soap and glory! Both the skincare and make-up, everything is luorious and yet still cheap!I don't really use the body butter but I think it smells amazing.
    Abigail x
    http://www.flawsandceilings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices amaze me for the product you're getting, and unlike some brands they actually do what they say they will! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...